|Top of the list: Lodge Cast-Iron Skillet|
But lately, living in an apartment with not much cupboard space and getting frustrated when I cannot find something, I've been thinking--what goes. No, really, I've been thinking: What STAYS.
The start of the list:
- Big cast-iron skillet (Lodge)
- A least one stock pot (All-Clad), maybe two.
- Handheld Stick Blender (KitchenAid) I love this so much I wish I had the whisk attachment
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer (coveting new one--the raise and lower bowl, not the raise and lower mixer)..let's be honest. The motor is struggling (this machine has been WELL used) and it recently "walked" itself off my counter and onto the kitchen floor. This was not good. I need to trade up. soon.
- Small chef's knife
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Set of Nesting bowls
- Cutting board
- Spring-loaded tongs
- Stainless steel spoons (whole and slotted)
- Thermometer (instant read--mozzarella making)
- My years old espresso maker (used daily)
That's a start. I think I'd like two more sizes of Lodge cast-iron skillets.
But do I need my Cuisinart? Maybe. Maybe not. I use it, but it's old, the bowl is breaking, I have to push the activation button down with a knife...If nothing else, I need a new bowl. But the real question is can I live without it???
Do I need my Atlas pasta roller or is it time to learn to make it the old-fashioned way, by hand, no roller machine require? (My rollers are kind of out of alignment. By #7, the past gets pulled to one side. This is not good...)
What am I missing? PLEASE tell me.
What is is essential in YOUR kitchen?